ELISHA D. SMITH PUBLIC LIBRARY BOARD OF TRUSTEES
OCTOBER 16, 2014
Called to order at 4:45pm by Crawmer
Present: Crawmer, Kiley and Wicihowski
Also Present: Director Lenz, Marcia Erdmann and K. Dreyer (Administrative Assistant)
Public Comment/Communication None
Action Items/Funraising Efforts
A. Approval of Minutes: Wicihowski moved, Kiley seconded to approve the Fundraising Committee minutes from October 2, 2014. Motion carried unanimously.
B. Fundraising Effort: The First Great Menasha Library Chili Cook-Off on November 2
- We have sold 4 tables and 13 individual tickets. Crawmer sent an email to Gegan Elementary School staff and Lenz sent letters to those who attended the Farm Market Dinner. Posters have been put around the library, city hall, First National Bank, etc. It has also been put on event calendars at Fox Cities Magazine, American Towns, WBAY, WLUK, WAPL, WHBY and 91.9. Radio station 91.9 has a script ready that will begin to air on Sunday, October 19. It was suggested sending a letter to former board members, having Chris VanderHeyden send an email to the school district staff and the mayor emailing something to city employees. It could also be put on facebook pages and blogs. Do we need to buy an ad in the News Record or Post Crescent? If we don’t get more of a response by next week, we could donate some tickets to those restaurants that are providing the chili. We need to get the word out in order to sell more tickets.
- Miscellaneous items:
Manderfields is willing to donate breads and rolls.
Sargento’s is donating 24 canisters of parmesan cheese.
Waverly is providing flatware, napkins, bowls, water glasses, pitchers, sour cream, cheddar cheese and rented chafing dishes at a cost of about $200. We may need some ladles. The ballroom bar will be open. We can get in at about 9:00am Sunday morning.
Cookies, bars and brownies will be bought from Walmart.
Need containers for left over chili.
Need a box or boot for financial donations. Firemen?
- Wicihowski brought a sample of a centerpiece with mints in margarita glasses, 2 books and colored paper.
- Baskets will be built around some of the donated items. A mystery basket/box could be put together with the remaining items.
- It was decided to use bid sheets versus purchasing tickets to put into containers next to the baskets. Minimum bids will need to be determined. Winners do not have to be present to win.
- Volunteers - We will need volunteers to be the wait staff for each reserved table, check in table and ladlers. Local celebrities will be serving the chili such as the mayor, superintendent of school and alderpersons. We will need an MC to thank everyone for coming, thank everyone who has made a donation to the event, announce chili winner and announce the silent auction winners.
Motion to adjourn the meeting at 5:47pm was made by Wicihowski and seconded by Kiley. Motion carried unanimously.
Next meeting scheduled for Wednesday, October 22 at 5:00pm
Kathy Dreyer, recording secretary