ELISHA D. SMITH PUBLIC LIBRARY BOARD OF TRUSTEES
October 28, 2015
Called to order at 3:45pm by Crawmer
Present: Coopman, Crawmer and Wicihowski
Also Present: M. Erdman, Director Lenz and K. Dreyer (Administrative Assistant)
Lenz showed the committee Neenah Public Library’s giving brochure. The committee discussed a possible donor wall.
Action Items/Fundraising Efforts
A. Approval of Minutes: Wicihowski moved, Coopman seconded to approve the Fundraising Committee minutes from October 12, 2015. Motion carried unanimously.
B. Mission Statement/Goals: At its meeting on October 22, 2015, the board agreed to move forward with the current mission statement and goals.
C. Smith Family Book Collection: The Smith Family Collection has been posted on booksalefinder.com. There have been no bids or inquires. The deadline is November 1.
D. Chili Cook-Off:
• The 2nd Annual Chili Cook-Off will be held on Sunday, February 28, 2016 at Waverly Beach.
• Tickets: $20 in advance, $25 at the door, $200 for table
• A list was made of organizations that we will send letters to asking them to support the event by making a donation or donating a basket or raffle item. A list was also made of restaurants inviting them to enter their chili in the event. If restaurants are not able to donate chili, then they could donate a gift card.
• Erdman suggested sending letters with a self addressed stamped envelope and personally writing on the request that any size donation would be greatly appreciated.
• Crawmer will email the Menasha High School about music.
• Lenz and Dreyer will work on posters/flyers, solicitation letters, tickets (300) and putting together packets for solicitation purposes.
• At the next meeting, we will discuss who will serve chili and who will emcee the event.
• Our next meeting will be held on Tuesday, November 10 at 3:45pm.
E. Other Fundraising Efforts: Tabled until the next meeting.
Motion to adjourn the meeting at 4:38pm was made by Wicihowski and seconded by Coopman. Motion carried unanimously.
Kathy Dreyer, recording secretary