FINANCE & INVESTMENTS COMMITTEE
ELISHA D. SMITH PUBLIC LIBRARY BOARD OF TRUSTEES
September 12, 2017
Called to order at 10:38am by Chair Golz
Present: Chair Golz, Englebert, and VanderHeyden
Also Present: Director Lenz and K. Dreyer (Administrative Assistant)
Approval of Minutes
Motion made by Englebert, seconded by VanderHeyden to approve the Investment Committee meeting minutes from October 26, 2016, and the Finance Committee meeting minutes from September 26, 2016. Motion carried.
Library Endowment Fund
- We received the annual disbursement of $7,959.85 from the Endowment Pool at the Community Foundation for the Fox Valley Region, Inc. which was put into the General Fund. The proposed allocations are as follows:
* Adult Materials - $2,500
* Children’s Materials - $2,500
* Teen Materials - $2,091.87
* Adult/YA Programing - $903.10 (eliminate)
* Children’s Programing Other – ($190.48) (eliminate)
* Children’s Summer Reading - $155.36
The Adult/YA Programing and the Children’s Programming Other would be eliminated and we would instead use the Friends Fund, citing their support in any notice of an event paid with those funds. The Children’s Summer Reading would also come out of Friends, unless specific donations were received for that program.
- Proposed disbursements from the Memorial Fund are as follows:
* 10% ($408.95) from the Graves Fund for children’s materials
* 5% ($372.03) from the Howe Fund for children’s materials
* 5% ($572.18) from the Vollmer Fund for children’s materials
* 5% ($651.32 from the Loescher Fund for craft books and programs
Motion made by VanderHeyden, seconded by Englebert to recommend the above allocations and disbursements as presented to the Board of Trustees. Motion carried unanimously.
2018 Library Budget Request
Committee members developed a budget request to the mayor for consideration by the Board of Trustees. Motion made by Englebert, seconded by VanderHeyden to recommend to the Board of Trustees the 2018 budget proposal. Motion carried unanimously.
Motion to adjourn the meeting at 11:34am was made by VanderHeyden and seconded by Englebert. Motion carried unanimously.
Kathy Dreyer, recording secretary