BUILDING AND GROUNDS COMMITTEE
ELISHA D. SMITH PUBLIC LIBRARY BOARD OF TRUSTEES
July 23, 2019
Called to order at 8:32am by Chairman Schwerbel
Present: Franzoi, Golz and Schwerbel
Not present: Turner
Also Present: Master Electrician and Facilities Technician Haessly, Director Lenz and Business Manager Dreyer
Public Comment/Communication: None
Franzoi moved, Golz seconded to approve the meeting minutes of August 1, 2018. The motion was unanimously approved.
Capital Improvement Projects
Status of 2019 capital projects:
· Carpeting in study room (completed) - $1,657.00
· Phones/cabling (completed) – have not yet received a bill
· Chiller Compressor expenses (completed) - $28,036.77 (submitted a claim to CVMIC)
· Parking lot (to be completed in August) – $3,136.00
Motion made by Franzoi, seconded by Golz to complete the mother’s room with supplemental funding from the city in 2019 in order to be in compliance. Motion carries.
· Mother’s room (will be working on) - $4,000.00
· Meeting room tables and chairs - $17,960
· Self-check machines upgrade - $11,675
· Carpeting ½ main floor/VCT tile - $45,000
· VCT tile lower level - $12,000
· Upgrade building automated systems - $10,000
· Chilled water expansion tank - $ ?
· Carpeting other ½ of main floor - $ 40,000
· LED Conversion - $ 5,000
· Company E Room audio/video upgrade - $ 17,500
· Shelving units - $ 20,000
· Boiler - $100,000
Haessley and Adam Alix, Deputy Director o Public Works, are working on getting quotes for the VCT tile in the lower level and the chilled water expansion tank.
Schwerbel will contact Architect Steve Gries to conduct a survey of the building and invite him to the next meeting.
Golz moved to adjourn, seconded by Franzoi at 9:29am. The motion was unanimously approved.
Kathy Dreyer, recording secretary